11.22.Email restore job
This job type is used to restore the original mailbox items from the shortcuts back into the mailbox. A restore job relocates the already archived original back into the original location only in case, if it was archived with the shortcutting method (i.e. it has a shortcut in the mailbox with the same parameters). The age filter and message class filter settings will be considered as well. If the restore job finds in the source location (mailbox):
- the original mailbox item – it will not touch it;
- a shortcut with the same parameters – it will restore the original item to the source folder;
- nothing (neither a shortcut, nor the original) – nothing will happen, the source folder will remain empty.
There are 2 restore methods that can be used by the restore job. The administrator may decide if
- the data will be restored to the existing shortcut.
- a new item will be created and the shortcut will be replaced by this new item.
The default restore method can be set on the Email archive System settings page (Email Archive tab -> Settings group -> System settings button, section “General settings”).
Restore jobs are run rarely, so it is recommended either to set a “One time scheduler” for them, or to start to run them manually from the grid.