contentACCESS role(s) define the permissions that a certain contentACCESS user has in the entire system. Every contentACCESS user has an assigned role. The user roles can be extended, and a user can also have multiple roles assigned. There are 5 default (system level) roles in contentACCESS, but new roles with specific permissions can also be created. The default role types are visible for all tenants, on the system level. It is not possible to edit or delete them, and they have a different color on the user interface. These default roles are the following:
- A system administrator user has permissions to configure everything in contentACCESS Central Administration, and he has access to all processed data in contentWEB.
- A tenant administrator can configure his own tenant in Central Administrator and see all processed data of this tenant.
- A standard user is a client application user, who has specific permissions – from this reason, it is necessary to associate him with specific contentACCESS objects – e.g. with archived mailbox. Standard user role is typically created for end users, who have access to their assigned archives in contentWEB.
- A repository editor has the permissions to create/edit/delete repository items (i.e. databases, storages).
- A configuration administrator has the same permissions as the system administrator with one exception: he doesn’t have the access to the archived data, so to contentWEB.