11.1.Important settings before creating an Email Archive job
- It is required to install the contentACCESS Proxy.
- Make sure that the needed tenant database(s) are created (for more information refer to section “How to create/configure databases — All databases”).
- Under System ⇒ Services ⇒ System check if the Database, FQDN and LDAP settings are well configured (for more information read section System).
- Configure the mandatory settings accessible in the Email Archive ⇒ Settings group. The configuration logic is from left to right. If you follow this logic, then all the necessary configuration will be done for the next step.
If you want to archive public folders as well, it is necessary to set it in the Email archive System settings (Email archive tab => Settings => System settings, section General settings).Note: These configurations are described in the details in this section below.
- Assign a database and storage to the mailbox that will be archived (for more information refer to section Database and store assignment in email archiving; if a database and storage have not been assigned manually, the first running email archive job will assign them to the mailbox.
Email archive settings: Navigate to Email Archive ⇒ Settings group. The mandatory settings and many useful criteria for automated email archiving can be set here:
✓ Tenant database connections can be configured;
✓ System settings can be performed;
✓ Provisioning settings can be set;
✓ Retentions can be created; the retentions configured here can be selected on the jobs’ configuration page;
✓ Shortcuts and further processing types can be configured; the processing types configured here can be selected on the jobs’ configuration page;
✓ Schedulers can be set; the schedulers configured here can be selected on the jobs’ configuration page;
✓ User experience configurations can be accessed from here, too.