2.contentACCESS setup package
The installation package makes the contentACCESS installation process very transparent and intuitive. This section leads you through the dialogs of the installation wizard and describes the step-by-step installation of the product. To run the contentACCESS setup self-extracting package, the following is required:
- .NET Framework 4.5.2
- Ability to run the setup as an administrator
What is included in the contentACCESS setup package?
- Under section Documentation the contentACCESS manual and the Best practices to the software can be found, and it also contains a link to the contentACCESS website.
- Under Planning the links to hardware and software requirements can be found, and the user may download the contentACCESS Analysis Tool right from here. The tool is used to measure the performance of file shares to be archived and also the speed of the desired target store. It is also used to analyze the files that will be archived, and can help to set up the correct file archiving strategy.
- Under Tools you can find the Legacy MAM retrieve server setup, the Outlook forms used to transparently open the archived email messages directly from Outlook and from here you can also download TECH-ARROW’s WinShortcutter. WinShortcutter is a collection of small and useful utilities that are primarily focused at people working in a Windows dominant office environment with a weak MAC support. It is primarily used to open MS Windows shortcuts (.LNK).
- Under Products you can read a short description about other software solutions of TECH-ARROW: contentGATE, streamGATE, officeGATE.
- The installation process of the contentACCESS server and it’s components can be started on the Installation page of the setup. The following components can be installed using the Installation page of the wizard:
- the contentACCESS server
- contentACCESS Central Administration – the contentACCESS configuration interface available for system administrators and tenant administrators
- contentWEB – the archive user interface also for the end users
- Central login page – used to log in to the respective application with forms providers or third-party authentication providers
- contentACCESS Web services (Proxy) – to ensure secure (HTTPS) connection between the user and the contentACCESS server
- Virtual drive – a drive that’s used to display the contents of the File system archive; the drive is also mandatory to retrieve the archived files from shortcuts
- Search service – allows the user to search in selected entities/folders
- SMTP server – a server used to process emails
contentACCESS components’ prerequisites are the following:
- For Central administration: Internet Information Services (IIS), .NET 4.5.2
- For contentWEB: IIS, MS Outlook 2010/2013 (64 bit version) or later, .NET 4.5.2
- For contentACCESS Proxy: IIS, .NET 4.5.2
- For Central login page: IIS, .NET 4.5.2
- For the contentACCESS Server: .NET 4.5.2, SharePoint Server Client components SDK (for SharePoint processing); MS Outlook 2010/2013 (64 bit version) or later (for email processing)
These prerequisites (except of MS Outlook) are installed by the setup package automatically. If any problems occur during the automatic installation, the prerequisites must be installed manually.
SharePoint Client components and the MS SQL server can be installed using the respective application file from the contentACCESS installation package library:
- SharePoint client components:
- SQL Server 2012 Express:
If the Internet Information Services (IIS) haven’t been installed automatically, the IIS features must be turned on in the Windows features. Open the Server manager => click the Roles node => click Add roles => select Web server (IIS) in the Select server roles window and turn on the features based on the table below:
|Management tools||IIS Management console|
|Application development features||.NET Extensibility 4.5.2
ASP .NET 4.5.2
|HTTP common features||Default document
|Performance features||Static content compression|
Do not forget to check the following features in Add roles and features:
|.Net Framework 4.5.2 Features||.NET Framework 4.5.2
ASP .NET 4.5.2
|WCF Services||HTTP Activation
TCP Port Sharing
The contentACCESS components can be installed
- on one single machine,
- in a cluster system – when more servers are installed on different machines, and they are all joined with one configuration database
- in a distributed environment – when there is one contentACCESS server installed on one machine and the components are distributed (installed) on different machines
These components are described further in chapter contentACCESS components. contentACCESS installation will be described first.