12.23.Shortcut synchronization job
The shortcut synchronization is a process of keeping live emails in sync with the archive.
When an item is archived, the item location is stored in the archive. The user can later delete, move or copy the archived item in the mailbox – but the archive does not follow these changes.
The main function of shortcut synchronization is to update the location of the item in the archive based on the current location of the item in the live mailbox. Secondary functions of the shortcut synchronization are:
- Detection of foreign shortcuts and restoration of such items
- Shortcut cleanup – removal of expired shortcuts
- Inactive folders – marking the missing folders as inactive (displayed with a grey color in contentWEB)
To start the shortcut synchronization, the prerequisites are the following:
- Configured Email Archive (based on the Email Archive settings described here)
- The mailbox must be assigned to a store and database
Details: If the mailbox is not assigned to a database, the following error message will be logged:
x mailboxes synchronized (1 failed), 0 shortcuts updated (xx folders skipped, xx unchanged)
The monitoring will contain the following error: Unable to open database as it is not configured!
- Configured Shortcut synchronization job