11.14.Creating contentWEB users (option 1)
The Create contentWEB user method should be used, if the administrator would like to grant access rights for multiple mailbox users to access their own associated mailbox archives. contentWEB users (with permissions to access the associated email archives over contentWEB) can be created on 3 levels. It is possible to:
- create contentWEB users to all mailbox users of the Exchange server with selecting Automatically create contentWEB user option from the server’s context menu;
- create contentWEB users to mailbox users of the selected Exchange group with selecting Automatically create contentWEB user option from the group’s context menu;
- create one contentWEB user to one selected mailbox with selecting Automatically create contentWEB user option from the context menu of the selected mailbox;
Now we will grant contentWEB access to associated mailbox archives for all mailbox users on the Office 365 server.
- We open the server’s context menu with a click on the ellipses, and choose Automatically create contentWEB user from the list. There will appear a “YES” command in the “Create contentWEB access” column, which will mean, that it was required to create contentWEB user to all mailboxes of the server.
- We navigate to Email Archive tab ⇒ Settings ⇒ Provisioning settings on the ribbon, and start the provisioning job from the status bar (or wait until it begins to run according to the provisioning scheduler).
Provisioning job points out, which mailbox user to which mailbox(es) is associated on the Exchange server, and synchronizes these permissions with contentACCESS. The rights on the Exchange server will be synchronized with contentACCESS, and new contentWEB users will be created to each mailbox users on the server. Each contentWEB user will have an Automatical flag. By archiving from O365 an Azure user login will be created, by archiving from on-premise Exchange server a Windows user login will be created to each mailbox users on the server. Over these user logins contentWEB email archive will be accessible from outside for these mailbox users (with a single click on the Azure/Windows button in the TECH-ARROW central login window).
What happens, if you select Do not create contentWEB user from the context menu? If formerly it was set to Automatically create contentWEB user, and the administrator changes these settings to Do not create contentWEB user, then the already existing contentWEB user will NOT be deleted. However, if new mailbox users will be added on the Exchange server, then they will not get contentWEB access rights on the mailbox archive.
How to find Exchange groups/Exchange mailboxes with or without contentWEB users? In the Exchange groups/Exchange mailboxes section unroll the Create contentWEB user dropdown list, which is located at the right side of the address book’s page, and select “Checked” to filter out all groups/mailboxes, for which contentWEB users will be/were created. If you would like to find all groups/mailboxes without contentWEB users, select “Unchecked” from the list.